Valentine Cookie Bouquet for your LOVED one
As we all know, 2017 has ended and it is a New Year for us to make some good memories with loved ones. Love month is fast approaching, what better way to give your loved one that can make her/his stomach happy? A Bouquet full of COOKIES, better than a flower!!
So here are the recipes for your Valentine Cookie Bouquet;
- 1 stick unsalted butter
- ⅓ c. granulated sugar
- ¼ c. packed light brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1½ tsp. vanilla extract
- ¾ Tsp. baking powder
- ½ tsp. ground cardamom (optional)
- ¼ tsp. salt
- 1¾ c. all-purpose flour
- Decorating Icing (recipe follows)
- Buy a heart-shaped cookie cutter from Sweet Cookie Crumbs; 15 (10-in.) bamboo skewers; red gel food color; 3 pastry bags with plain writing tips; tall glasses or vases; plastic foam (Styrofoam); granulated sugar
- Beat butter and sugars in large bowl with mixer until light and fluffy, about 3 minutes. Beat in egg until blended; add vanilla, baking powder, cardamom, and salt. Gradually add flour and beat until just smooth. Shape dough into a disc; cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate 1 hour.
- Heat oven to 350°F. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper or nonstick foil. Roll out dough between 2 sheets parchment or wax paper to 3/8-in. thickness. Cut out hearts with cookie cutter. Transfer 4 hearts to each prepared baking sheet with a small spatula. Insert the point of a skewer about 2 1/2 in. into dough through the pointed tip of each heart. Gather and refrigerate dough scraps.
- Bake 12 to 14 minutes, until cookies, are golden brown at edges. Cool on sheet on wire rack 5 minutes; transfer to rack and cool completely. Roll, cut and bake remaining hearts as directed above.
- Divide decorating icing into 3 bowls. Tint one bowl red and one pink; leave one white. Transfer half of each color batch to separate pastry bags fitted with plain writing tips; refrigerate pastry bags. Thin the remaining icing with a few tsp water to the consistency of slightly whipped cream. Spread thinned icing over hearts; let dry completely. Outline hearts and decorate with patterns using the thick icing in pastry bags. Let designs dry completely.
- To assemble: Fill glasses or vases with foam blocks cut to fit. Pour in sugar between glass and foam to cover. Trim skewers to varying lengths and insert into the foam
- Plan ahead: You can bake and decorate cookies up to 4 days ahead. Store covered at room temperature.
- Beat 1 lb confectioners' sugar and 1/4 cup Just Whites (powdered egg whites, found in your store's baking section) in a large bowl with mixer on low speed to blend. Beat in 1/3 cup water. Increase speed to high; beat 5 minutes or until icing is very thick and white. Makes 2 1/2 cups.
Make the day of your loved one perfect with giving a bouquet full of cookies! Enjoy making them, and also add a LOVE to the recipe!
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.