Tips on HOW to make Gluten Free Vegan Sugar Cookies for Holidays
When the holiday season rolls on, we begin to think roughly baking. Sugar cookies are one of the timeless recipes that many families enjoy baking and eating together.
There is some opposition when you have food allergies to contend with, but thankfully, baking sugar cookies isn't one of them! These gluten-free vegan sugar cookies taste exactly the same as regular cookies and are enormously easy to make.
This recipe is the real deal – vegan, gluten-free, and butter-free!
The gluten-free and butter free dough needs to be chilled for at least two hours, after doing it, roll it out, cut out shapes, freeze 10 minutes, and bake! While waiting for it to cool down, you can also make your frosting and toppings of choice.
The outcome of your cookies will be:
- Delicious with frosting or without
- Perfectly sweet
For the cookies:
- 1 cup vegan buttery spread
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 3 cups gluten-free flour blend
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
For the frosting:
- 1/4 cup (56 g) vegan butter, softened
- 1 1/2 - 2 cups (150-200 g) organic powdered sugar (ensure vegan friendliness)
- Splash non-dairy milk
- Cream the buttery spread and the sugar. Add the applesauce and vanilla and continue to mix.
- Add the gluten-free flour blend and salt and mix until combined. If the dough seems too wet, add a bit more gluten free flour.
- Divide the dough into two discs. Wrap each disc in plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least two hours.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- Spread waxed paper on your rolling surface and sprinkle with gluten-free flour. Unwrap one of the discs and sprinkle liberally with gluten-free flour as well.
- Roll the dough to about 1/4 of an inch thickness. If the dough is too crumbly, add a little water. If the dough is sticking to the rolling pin, add more flour to the pin and the dough.
- Cut out your cookies, and place them on the cookie sheet.
- Bake at 350 degrees for about 9-11 minutes. They should be just slightly golden brown on the edges. The time may vary depending on the size of your cookie cutters. Cool on wire racks.
- For frosting, prepare to frost by adding softened butter to the large mixing bowl from earlier. Beat with a mixer, then add powdered sugar a little at a time until a thick frosting has formed. Thin with a little dairy-free milk until spreadable. If it gets too thin, add more powdered sugar. If it’s too thick, add just a little more dairy-free milk. Frost cookies and top with desired toppings.
These gluten-free vegan sugar cookies are light and mouth-watering and easy to make. Perfect for your holidays! Surely, your family and friends gonna love it!
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.