Everyone loves chocolate, right? What more if we combine it with peanut butter? A taste of a sweet and salty feeling! (Heaven) My kids really love to eat these cookies warm, with the peanut butter soft and gooey together with a milk! These cookies are definitely on the indulgent side, but they’re perfect for special occasions!
A delicious and rich chocolate cookie filled with a soft peanut butter in the center.
for the cookies:
- 1/2 cup sugar, plus a little extra for dipping
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 stick (8 tablespoons) butter, softened
- 1/4 cup peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 egg
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1-2 teaspoons milk, as needed
- for the filling:
- 3/4 cup powdered sugar
- 3/4 cup peanut butter
- Preheat the oven to 375. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper or silicone liners and set aside.
- To make the filling, cream together the peanut butter and powdered sugar until well blended. Refrigerate the mixture while you mix up the dough to make it easier to handle.
- To make the cookie dough, in a large bowl or the bowl of a stand mixer, beat together the sugar, brown sugar, butter, and peanut butter until light and fluffy. Add the egg and vanilla and beat until smooth. Add the flour, cocoa powder, and baking soda, and mix until a thick dough forms. If the dough is crumbly, add 1-2 teaspoons milk.
- Divide the dough into twenty pieces that are roughly equal in size. Remove the chilled filling from the fridge and divide it into equal sized pieces, then roll them into balls and set aside.
- Place a piece of dough in the palm of your hand and flatten it out. Place a filling ball in the middle of the dough and wrap the dough around it, rolling it into a ball to seal it. Dip the top of the ball into sugar, place it on the baking sheet, and flatten it lightly with your hand. Repeat with remaining dough, spacing it out on the cookie sheets.
- Bake 8-10 minutes or until the cookies are set and slightly cracked around the edges.
Ta-Da! You just made the most delicious and exciting cookie! I hope you enjoy doing it.