Oatmeal Cookies Filled With Caramel and Peanut Butter
Brown butter oatmeal cookies are my new favorites. How much more if you filled it with chewy caramels and then topped off with a dollop of peanut butter... there are just no words that do them justice. Drooling, right?
So, I made one for myself and write some notes to share it with you guys, so here are the steps:
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cups old fashioned oats
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 12 caramels
- 12 tsp peanut butter
- Preheat oven to 350.
- In a small saucepan melt butter on medium/low heat until it has become a golden brown color and smells kind of nutty or toffee like.
- In a medium bowl, mix all together the sugar, egg, and vanilla. After that, put in your melted butter.
- Mix in your, oats, flour, salt and baking powder. Once your dough has come together, place it in the refrigerator for 20 minutes.
- Once the dough has chilled a bit, remove it from the refrigerator and roll into 12 equal sized balls. Place each cookie dough ball on a parchment paper lined cookie sheet about 2 inches apart.
- Push a caramel squarely into the center of each cookie dough ball. You can form the sides of the cookies a bit if you want to cover the caramel more.
- Dollop a tsp of peanut butter on the top of each caramel.
- Bake for 12-14 minutes or until the cookies are golden.
- Allow to cool it down for about 15 minutes then enjoy.
You can also store it in an airtight container if there is a leftover and once you decide to eat it again, heat up in the microwave for about 10 seconds to enjoy them again!
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.