Brown butter oatmeal cookies are my new favorites. How much more if you filled it with chewy caramels and then topped off with a dollop of peanut butter... there are just no words that do them justice. Drooling, right?
So, I made one for myself and write some notes to share it with you guys, so here are the steps:
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cups old fashioned oats
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 12 caramels
- 12 tsp peanut butter
- Preheat oven to 350.
- In a small saucepan melt butter on medium/low heat until it has become a golden brown color and smells kind of nutty or toffee like.
- In a medium bowl, mix all together the sugar, egg, and vanilla. After that, put in your melted butter.
- Mix in your, oats, flour, salt and baking powder. Once your dough has come together, place it in the refrigerator for 20 minutes.
- Once the dough has chilled a bit, remove it from the refrigerator and roll into 12 equal sized balls. Place each cookie dough ball on a parchment paper lined cookie sheet about 2 inches apart.
- Push a caramel squarely into the center of each cookie dough ball. You can form the sides of the cookies a bit if you want to cover the caramel more.
- Dollop a tsp of peanut butter on the top of each caramel.
- Bake for 12-14 minutes or until the cookies are golden.
- Allow to cool it down for about 15 minutes then enjoy.
You can also store it in an airtight container if there is a leftover and once you decide to eat it again, heat up in the microwave for about 10 seconds to enjoy them again!