Making a chocolate chip without butter. Because most of the time when we use all butter in our cookie recipe, they turn out flat and cake-like. Instead of butter, use oil. The cookies will cook very nicely, it will taste delicious and they will not even close to cakey or dry.
Butter-less Chocolate Chip Cookie
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon almond
- 2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt and set aside
- In a mixing bowl cream together oil, brown sugar and white sugar. Beat in eggs one at a time, then add the vanilla and almond extract.
- Blend in dry ingredients and fold in the chocolate chips.
- Bake for 8 to 9 minutes and then let them cool on the pan before moving them to a wire rack.
To have a nice and pleasant shape, use a cookie scoop. That's it! Have fun making a cookie without a butter!