- 2 sticks (8 ounces) of unsalted butter, softened
- 1 1/2 cups of granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp of Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 4 cups (17 ounces) of All-Purpose Flour
- 2 pounds powdered sugar
- 1/3 cup plus 1 tablespoon meringue powder
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 tablespoon clear vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Begin by placing the flour in a bowl and set it aside.
- Place butter in a bowl and beat until smooth.
- Add the sugar and mix until combined.
- Add eggs one at a time mixing well in between each addition.
- Add the vanilla, salt and baking powder and mix
- Mix in the flour one cup at a time and mix just until the ingredients are combined.
- Divide the dough into 3 discs and roll each one out on a mat. Freeze for 10-15 minutes and cut out your cookie shapes and bake 6-9 minutes.
- Cream the butter for a minute and slowly add the sugar. Mix it until it is light and fluffy looking.
- Add the vanilla, baking powder and salt. Again, turn on the mixer long enough to make sure the ingredients are mixed together.
- Combine all of the ingredients and mix on low speed until combined.
Turn up the speed to medium-high, and mix for about 5 to 7 minutes.
- Cover the icing with plastic wrap to keep the top layer from drying out.
Ta-Da! Here are your Bear Sugar Cookies! Yummy isn't it? Enjoy making them!